As just about every parent knows, getting kids to eat fruits and veggies can be somewhat of a challenge. Some fruits are okay for them, but others may not exactly be favorites of theirs. Even the fruits which taste great for them may not be all that easy to eat.
As for the veggies, forget about it. The only possible way for these kids to get the benefits of veggies and fruits is to get them to drink the juices, which is why you need to find the right juicing recipes for kids.
Using a juicer to make juice is a much better alternative than buying commercial juice drinks. Those drinks usually taste like some fruit, but the health benefits they provide is at best debatable. With a nice fresh fruit or vegetable, you know you’re getting the real thing.
The Rules for Juicing Recipes for Kids
The juicing recipes for kids need to follow some rules that don’t necessarily apply to the healthy juicing recipes for adults.
1.Babies shouldn’t be drinking juice of any kind at all. You best stick to milk for the meantime.
2.Children should not go on a juice fast at all, even if they want to. The best option is for them to reach adulthood and for them to make the decision to go on a fast as adults.
3.Your best time to start is when they’re not feeling well, such as when they’re recovering from the flu or a cold. This may be the best way to get them some nourishment for their bodies. Their recovery may not benefit from solid food.
4.You start the kids off easy. You can serve them the juice filtered and diluted with water. Your best bet is to serve them some simple juicing recipes involving just single fruits instead of mixtures. You can give them different juices each time they get used to a wide variety of flavors. You can even tempt them to drink juices by teaching them easy juicing recipes.
5.You need to make the drink look good as well. You can serve them their favorite colors such as red, and you can put in some ice (especially crushed ice) with some pretty straws.
Juicing Recipes for Health
Juicing can help make kids healthy. The juice can boost their immune system, help them recover from illnesses more quickly, and it can even help prevent serious illnesses in the future. So here are some juicing recipes for health you can try for your kids. Some are easy juicing recipes while others may be a bit more adventurous.
Get a couple of apples and a couple of oranges. Juice the apples, then squeeze the oranges and mix the juice in a blender. This results in an 8-ounce serving. The good thing about this recipe is that the taste of the apple and orange is familiar and are often considered favorites. You can vary it by replacing the apples with a couple of carrots.
- Juice a thick slice of watermelon and a large cucumber. This one is refreshing and sweet.
- For the summer, get two lemons and two pints of seedless watermelon, and add stevia to taste. Then add some ice too.
- Get two spears of fresh pineapple plus two carrots, and then add a dash of lemon juice. This looks like a tropical drink.
- Juice a pint of strawberries along with some red apples, and then pop in some ice.
- Mix the juices from a pear, an orange, and a couple of carrots.
- Get a mango and a pear and juice them and mix them. This is a creamier juice because of the mango, but the sweetness should reel in the attention of your kids.
- Mix the juices from 2 red apples and a large carrot. Your kids may want something orange without it involving the orange fruit.
All these are healthy for kids and adults too, but for the most part they don’t taste or look weird. This is crucial when serving juices for kids. You don’t want them thinking that it’s disgusting even before they taste it. And the great sweet taste means they’ll trust you when you hand them out different juices in the future. Maybe they may even be adventurous enough to try out different easy juicing recipes on their own.
Juicer Recipes for Energy
Sometimes kids can feel a bit down and tired, and if that’s the case a pick-me-up juice drink may just be the best way to go instead of soda. Here are some juicing recipes for energy you can try out.
- Get about a dozen medium carrots and about 3 or 4 small baby bok choy bunches. If you want to play it safe, you should add 4 more carrots. Pour into a glass, and then add a touch of cinnamon on top.
- Get an apple, ¼ peeled medium pineapple, a large handful of spinach, a once inch slice of lemon, and some ice. You may want to tell the kids that the green color is because of the kiwi fruit you used and not because of the spinach. Just juice everything, and then add the ice.
Vegetable Juicing Recipes
These green juicing recipes can be a challenge. The color green may not always appeal to kids, and the taste of these juices may also be not quite a hit with children. But there are ways around that.
- For example, you can get 3 or 4 kale leaves and chop them with the ribs removed. Add a peeled and chopped mango and a cup of freshly chopped pineapple. The juices from the mango and the pineapple can be very sweet, but the kale can help counter the sweetness.
- Then there is beet, which can be a component for juicing recipes for energy. Get 3 beets, a bunch of celery, and a bunch and a half of medium-sized carrots. Juice them all up and mix them, and you’ve got an energy drink for kids who are feeling blah.
Remember, the point in the beginning is for kids to like drinking juice. That’s how you discover the best juicing recipes for kids. You know you have a winner when your kids ask for the juice drink again.
If you liked our article, please share it and use the comment section below for any questions. Thank You!
There are a lot of independent-minded children who enjoy fixing their own food. Often, the only problem is that they are too young to use the stove. However, juice is a fun, delicious food they can prepare on their own.
Hi, Wiki Juices!
Although children are too young to make their own juices, their parents always can offer the children to choose fruits and vegetables for juice. Children can choose vegetables and fruits of different colors and after your small corrections, the result will be a very nutritional juice. They will like to be involved in this process.