One of the many nutrition shortcuts we learn as kids is that the green stuff is good for you if you want to be big and strong. Green stuff of course means veggies, and as children we were forced by conscientious parents to eat them. Now there’s a new trend that going around health circles: green juice. And despite what you may think about bitter veggies, there are actually some green juice recipes which produce really tasty drinks.
Advantages of a Green Juice Diet
Most health experts agree that you get the full benefits of vegetables if you eat them instead. That’s true, but there are some practical considerations that must be factored in as well. The problem is that people just don’t eat enough vegetables. And if you make a juice using a great green juice recipe, you can consume vegetables more frequently.
There are several main problems with eating vegetables from a practical standpoint. For one, they don’t usually taste all that great (especially when you compare it to dessert and junk food). So people don’t eat it even though they’re supposed to be good for them. But the best green juice recipe can come up with something that you would actually like.
Preparing vegetables properly can also be a bit bothersome, especially in today’s world where everyone’s on the go. But a lot of green juice recipes are simple, and you don’t have to be a wizard in the kitchen to produce great green juice. Knowing how to use a blender or juicer is enough.
And then you can also go on a green juice cleanse to rid your system of toxins, and you can also use green juice to help you lose weight.
Green Juice Detox Recipes for Newbies
So let’s assume that you’re a beginner to the world of juicing and juice detox. This means that there are some obstacles we need to overcome first. One of these potential hurdles is that the taste of green juice, much like the taste of green leafy veggies themselves, may not exactly be all that agreeable to you palate. That’s why you need to choose the right vegetables to juice first. And that’s also where the inclusion of fruits comes in.
Then there should be some effort made to making it look good. Just plain green juice may not look all that interesting to drink. Some sort of garnish is often recommended.
And of course, it should be easy to prepare. It has to be simple and quick to make.
So let’s get down to it. Here are several simple recipes to start. The ingredients here and then just squeeze them all in a juicer:
- Get two leaves of Bok Choy (a sort of Chinese cabbage that’s also called Pak Choi), two stalks of celery, and two medium apples.
- Mix three leaves of kale, a small knuckle of ginger, and 2 medium-sized pears.
- Get about 7 leaves of kale with the stem, half of a large cucumber, half a bunch of cilantro or parsley, a medium green or yellow apple, and a fourth or a third of pineapple meat with no skin. This is a bit easier on your taste buds because of the sweetness. But if you can stand it, you can skip the pineapple because the apple should be enough to counter the potential bitterness. Also, if you’re not quite used to dark leafy veggies you can also cut down on the kale.
If you are using these recipes for a juice fast, keep in mind that you have to keep it short especially if you’re a beginner. The point of detox is to cleanse your system. You get your body used to healthier foods so that you don’t crave junk food as much as before.
Green Juice Detox Recipes for Advanced Cleansers
Now if you have already done some juicing in the past then here are some green juice recipes for you to try out:
- For your morning juice, you can try out getting half a bunch of spinach, a handful of sunflower sprouts, 4 big rainbow chard leaves, 4 big romaine lettuce leaves, 5 medium carrots, half of a small apple, and a knuckle of ginger. If you want to make it just a bit sweeter, just add more apples.
- Get half a cucumber, half a medium head of green cabbage, a stalk of fennel with the leaves, and 7 beet greens with stalks and elves without the actual beets. This is a well-balanced drink and it’s quite low on sugar.
Green Juice Recipes for Weight Loss
If weight loss is your primary motive (which is normal, considering that 2 out of 3 American adults are at least overweight), then green juice can also help. These drinks, however, are mean to supplement a healthy diet.
- Get a cucumber, two cups of spinach, a lime, an unpeeled lemon, a green apple, and a knuckle of ginger.
- Mix a cucumber, 5 stalks of celery, 4 carrots, 3 to 4 strawberries, a green apple, and a small chunk of ginger.
- Take some kale (up to you how much), 4 cups of spinach, 3 stalks of celery, a lemon, and 4 medium granny smith apples.
The recipes produce about two to three drinks. Drink a glass immediately after you prepare them and then store the rest in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Drink the rest in a day or two.
Other veggies you may want to try to juice include radish, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, watercress, and turnip.
The best time to consume these drinks is about 20 minutes before a meal or a couple of hours after a meal. These drinks can help you fight off cravings, and you may eat less during your meals as well. With these green juice recipes, weight loss supplements can actually be fun and tasty.
If you liked our article, please share it and use the comment section below for any questions. Thank You!
really good and no nonsense selling will try and reply
You’re welcome, Maeve! Thank you!