Juicing is a big deal these days. Juice fasts are all the rage among health conscious people especially since Beyoncé revealed that she’s been on the lemonade diet. Juice diets can also help suppress your appetite, curb your cravings, and help you combat illnesses such as cancer and heart disease. But should you buy a commercial juicer to make sure you maximize the benefits of juicing?
What are Commercial Juicers?
In some ways, commercial juicers are just like their home-use counterparts. A juicer is something you use so that you can get the juicy bits from vegetables and fruits. A home use juicer should suffice if you plan to drink fresh juice every now and then. But you may want to try out an industrial juicer instead to take advantage of its special features.
The main advantage of industrial juicers is that they are designed to last much longer than your average home-user juicer. They are usually much more powerful, and they are more resistant to wear. They are meant to be used for various commercial establishments, and they’re supposed to be able to withstand being used all day, every day, for a long time.
If you are setting up a health bar, a gym, or simply making sure you get the best type of juicer for your home because many in your household are ardent juicers, you should get a professional juicer.
Deciding on a commercial juicer, however, doesn’t mean your hunt for the perfect juicer is over for you. There are numerous brands and models to choose from. So how do you arrive at your final choice? Here are some factors you need to consider:
We have to live in the real world, and in the real world, there’s no such thing as an unlimited budget. So on one side there’s a commercial juicer that sells for less than $600. And then there are the industrial juicers which can be found in hundreds of juice bars and restaurants all over the world. These can cost up to $2,500 per unit.
You have to keep in mind that you have to pay for better quality, and that’s what you get from commercial juicers: greater quality. You get what you pay for.
Sometimes a professional juicer will only juice a single type of fruit. For example, you can get an automatic citrus juicer and as the name suggests it can only be used for citrus fruits. There’s a model called the Orangeman, and it only juices whole unpeeled oranges.
If you are a proponent type of a single type of juice drink, then you can probably make user of an industrial juicer like this. If you have an unlimited budget, you can even buy lots of different specialty
Make sure that it can handle vegetables – that’s important. Green juice from vegetables is very healthy and nutritious. Some industrial juicers can just handle all types of fruits but not leafy vegetables.
For some commercial establishments, a lot of thought must go into how much space you need for your juicers. You can’t really just buy one, especially if your establishment is very busy.
Then you have to choose whether you want to get a floor standing model, or if you want to get a worktop model instead. Your choice depends on whether you have space on the floor or on the countertop.
This is rather vague factor, so let’s break it down:
- How easy is it to use? If it’s too complicated for you, then it’s not much good, is it? You need to be able to use it easily enough so that you don’t waste a lot of time trying to figure things out. You also need to check out its maintenance requirements.
- How fast does it produce juice, and what’s the yield per fruit? This is a balancing act for you to factor in. For example, a centrifugal juicer may have a fast juicing time, but it may yield less juice. In contrast, with a cold press juicer you’ll first have to cut the fruits and veggies to fit the narrow chutes. But the yield is generally higher. With a higher yield, the fewer fruits and veggies you have to buy to get the same amount of juice.
- You also need to check the juice quality. There’s no point to a professional juicer if it produces juice with lumpy pulps in it.
- Does the juicer eject the pulp well? You also need to note how often you have to empty the pulp ejection bin.
- How durable is it? Here you may want to read up on reviews of older models from customers who have owned their units for years. You can also read up on newer models and check how many complaints it has received for defective products. The warranty is also important. Some products only offer a 1-year warranty, while others offer a longer warranty period.
- How noisy is it? Some industrial juicers are so powerful that they can make a racket, but others try to minimize the noise. For some people, this is of no consequence. For example, if you live alone and you don’t mind the noise then you probably don’t want to pay extra for a quieter unit.
But for a commercial establishment where customers want to relax, then a noisy commercial juicer simply won’t do at all. A quiet unit can also benefit a home, especially when you want to make juice when others are sleeping or studying nearby.
A commercial juicer is not a waste of money. It’s an investment for your health and not just a luxury. If you can get an affordable unit which produces juice efficiently and for a long time, then it is money well spent.
If you liked our article, please share it and use the comment section below for any questions. Thank You!